Electric scooters that lie on the pavement and block the way for pedestrians, lying in flower beds, or are floating at the bottom of the river, etc. Does it sound familiar? The Happy City® solution is designed to solve this problem. Happy City® is a solution with patented IoT technology that makes it possible to identify whether an electric scooter is parked within a marked parking zone for electric scooters.
Using IoT technology, the solution can track whether an electric scooter is inside or outside a marked parking area. The rental of the electric scooter cannot be ended until the scooter is correctly parked within the marked parking zone. If you have parked outside the parking zone, you will not be able to end the rental of the scooter. With Happy City® scooters that are strewn around, creates difficulties and are an annoyance to others will end.
Happy City® connects the dots between the public, rental companies and the user, and are beneficial for all parties.
- Increased predictability by knowing where they can find available bikes and where they can park the bike.
- They will always receive information about where there are available spaces for parking.
- They also do not have to worry about their own personal information since the solution does not relate to who parks the electric scooters.
The rental company
- With clear rules, Happy City® provides an educational effect for users
- Increased predictability by giving the rental companies an overview of where their electric scooters are parked
- Saves money by having a full overview of their electric scooters; how many are out, where they are and that they cannot be dumped in a river or other inaccessible places
- Extends the life of the electric scooters
- Be able to offer fewer bicycles for the same profitability
- Is more environmentally friendly
- Since Happy City® is an open system, the municipalities will have a better overview and control.
- They will receive information about how many bicycles are in the city
- They will be able to optimize parking places of the electric scooters or optimal micromobility in the city to increase attractiveness of micromobility
- Since the number of bicycles and the capacity of parking spaces are known municipalities will be able to regulate the number of electric scooters in the market
- Parking zones can also be deactivated if required with the use of remote control. E.g., for large events, municipalities can “block” specific parking areas which eases the job of clearing the event area
SparkPark is a neutral player that operate between the public sector, the rental companies and the user to ensure equal conditions for all players. SparkPark can offer a 24-hour uptime service, operation and maintenance for Happy City® to ensure that the parking spaces for electric scooters are available.